Nigeria Reports 72 Fatal Lassa Fever Cases in 2024

February 23, 2024
Fatal Lassa Fever
Photo: PunchNG

Nigeria’s public health authorities have confirmed 72 deaths from Lassa fever since the start of 2024. A total of 411 cases have been reported across 21 states.

Three states – Ondo, Edo, and Bauchi – account for 65% of the confirmed cases. The remaining 35% were spread across 18 other states.

Ad below

While cases are significantly lower than the 8,280 suspected cases recorded in the same period in 2023, the Nigeria Center for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) warns the outbreak remains serious.

Two healthcare workers have been affected, and the predominant age group for victims is between 21 and 30 years old.

Ditible Staff

The Ditible is a distinguished digital news media platform. All the breaking news and latest happenings! official Ditible staff profile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.