1 min read

Man Dies in Lamjung District While Fishing with Electric Current

May 19, 2024
Man Dies in Lamjung

A tragic incident occurred last night in Lamjung district, Nepal, where a man lost his life while fishing. The deceased has been identified as 26-year-old Bikash Gurung, a resident of Jitare in Dordi rural municipality-4.

According to the District Police Office (DPO) Lamjung, Gurung died from an accidental electric shock while fishing in the Kisedi stream. Local reports indicate that Gurung was with friends and they were using an electric current from a nearby outhouse to catch fish.

Ad below

“A police team was immediately dispatched to the scene upon receiving information about the incident,” informed Thaneshwor Chapai, Information Officer at the DPO Lamjung. The body was handed over to the family after a postmortem examination.

This incident serves as a stark reminder of the dangers of using electric current for fishing. It’s a practice that is not only illegal but also carries a high risk of serious injury or death. The authorities urge people to use safe and legal fishing methods to avoid such tragedies.

Ditible Staff

The Ditible is a distinguished digital news media platform. All the breaking news and latest happenings! official Ditible staff profile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.